Today ACT Inc. announced the latest addition to its lineup of exams: the PreACT. The exam will be aimed at 10th grade students, much like the College Board's PSAT.
Key Points on the new PreACT:
- The PreACT will be available in the fall of 2016.
- The exam will be multiple-choice, and contain the same four subject areas that appear on the full-length ACT: English, math, reading, and science.
- It will not include an essay.
- The PreACT will use the familiar 1-36 scoring scale, the same as the ACT.
- The new exam clocks in at just under two hours.
- It will not be linked to scholarship opportunities, as is the College Board's PSAT.
- The PreACT will cost $12 per student, in contrast to the PSAT's $15 charge per student.